Sunday, February 25, 2007

What I"ve Lernt From #14

When I was young I held the belief that the United States government was a fair and justice institution and its soul purpose was to better the lives of its citizens. As I grew from a wide-eyed child with no hard idea of the world around me, into a cynical individual with a vast knowledge of our global community, I was forced to abandon this idea, that our nations impact on the rest of the world is always fair and just. The one twinkle of hope for me is that with time all the backwoods good old boys that make up our government will die out leaving us then with a fresh start, with politicians that did not grow up in the dark-ages of the twentieth century.For me the government has always seemed a little unattractive. Old people in wool suits doing boring things, they are like your grandparents with dentures and limps, it must smell like Geritol, Ben jay, and old spice in the white house. I wonder how many chairs and couches the pentagon throws out every year due to pee damage. Do you think any of the chief Justice's where depends. To me they are no more then puppeteers their stage the Senate or the capital lawn and their audience are like two year olds, they have to raise their hands to talk, they take cookie breaks, and sit in folding chairs.But this servers a greater good, this is what has to happen every day to get an interstates paved or Indian burial ground protected. Like the flu or phenomena, the people that are most affected by this are the old and the young. The bureaucrats cut school funding and tinker with Medicare, they will put "the fear" in you if you are impressionable, they prey on the impoverished and the underprivileged. As long as there are billions of humans on the earth, so there shall be governing bodies. The sooner we learn these lessons and start to apply them to our everyday lives the better we will be. In the future I would like to see a change in the way this country is ran. Ratifying the constitution on a city, state, and federal level most likely, is the only way it can be done. One hope that I have is that with all the new technology and the Internet that we will become a true democracy and not this have and have not-ocracy. In twenty years, with the Internet, I would like to see the senate disbanded. If we can get eighty percent of the registered voters online why can’t they make all the same dictions that the senate makes? Who knows better what roads need to be paved, the chauffer-ed or the working class. How can people that fly first class or by private plane decide to cut public transportation. Being a good person with a nice demeanor and well adjusted, I would spring at the idea of being put in the position to make decisions that would impact my country. If I were the P-P-President things for us and our world would be better. I can only dream have the day that I can sit back and say, " this country is run fine Mertal". One of my only hopes is that when I leave this world my children will not only be better off but the whole world will be better off. I really hope that some of these ideas will be realized. We could use some thinkers in the White House and not so many wankers. It would be strange for any one to be put in to power, to rule. Think of it, life at the capitol with two-hour lunches, killer parking, immunity, impunity and your own secretary. It would rock. If we could all adopt some of this lifestyle with out turning in to a prune, we would. I know I could use a promotion.

No comments: