Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Story Tree #6

.For the last few weeks I have been getting accustom to new surrounding, new people, and pretty much a new way of life. As a new student at a major university with no clue what to except everything is an adventure. And this is not only true for me but for my cat as well. He is a country cat use to wide open spaces and endless abundance of small creatures to prey upon. I think that the lack of bloodshed has taken a toll on him, for now he is a city cat with no city cat skills. He is not use to all the extra sounds in the city, buses going this way and that, people choking the streets, the odd fire engine or cop car tearing ass down the street with light and siren all in a blaze. Some times he looks up at me with this bewildered look as to say, “where have you taken me or what have I done to deserve this”. The only comfort I can offer is a pat on the head and some whiskies.
My feline is an old beast although he is still in tip-top shape, able to hold his own with any other cat placed in his way. He came from a friend’s grandmother after she pasted away and I was willed the cat because I showed more interest in him than any one else around. After her (Kellys') grandmother went to the nursing home she moved into her grandmothers (Rubys') house. Kelly had two little kittens that would not let Charlie see the light of day. As anyone knows, kittens get away with anything you will let them and Kelly let the cats get away with murder, well maybe not murder but assault for sure. Charlie would have to hide from the terrible two and if he got hungry enough he would have to risk an ass whipping to get a drink of a bit to eat. That was no way for a cat to live, in the shadows and afraid for himself. I have seen my cat kill baby bunnies that are bigger then a kittens but I do not know why he would not just kill the kittens. This is how we came to gather as cat and owner.
My cat got his last name for a popular Comedy Central television show, the Dave Chappell show, not his first name but his last name. On the Dave Chappell show there is this skit with Rick James and Charlie Murphy, Mr. James comes up to the bar to find Eddie Murphy brother Charlie there and television history is made, With a thunderous “I’m Rick James Bitch” mister James slaps the dogcrap out of Charlie Murphy sending him to floor riving in pain. This is how my cat got his last name, I would say “Charlie Murphy “ and slap my cat and to this day just the phrase "Charlie Murphy" will make my cat cower down not on defeat but in shear compliance with the Law of Rick James.

No comments: