Monday, March 26, 2007

The Diff #18

Any two people are bound to have different characteristics and different personal habits most of them are ingrained early in childhood. Just like a tiger cant change his spots and a Dalmatian skin has black spots we are left with what we were born with, what we were raised with. Sure we can get rhinoplastie so it is harder to tell our heritage, or color our hair and eyebrows so no one will know we come from an all blond family but the fact remains that we know who we are and that is all that matters.I know quite a few people that have wired eating habits. I have a friend Joe that thinks if it is not in a bowl with milk on top, it is not breakfast, while I prefer some kind of eggs and my choice of pork of the first meal of the day, even though I usually go with out that most important meal of the day. I have a friend Navajo who is a ripped and a mussel head starts every day with a protein shake and a can of tuna.One idea that I have is about people that do not eat any thing green, carnivores if you will, is that they never had to. The way I see it is that as snot nosed little kids they would scream and kick about how they hate carrots, they hate broccoli, or that they hate capers and mommy would just cook them macaroni and cheese for every meal. As they grow in to adolescences and adulthood they remember that they do not like carrots but they don not know why, when the real reason is that they were just brats that were more interested in getting their way then trying new foods. Habit is taught and the lessons learned will follow you through life even if you cannot tell you are on a path that does not meander through the vegetable garden.While we are in the kitchen we should touch on cleanliness. My grandmother all ways told me their are to kinds of people, people that do things because they want to and people that do things because they are told to. Now with much reluctance I am going to say that I live with a total slob, she is a she in her middle twenties and for some reason has some of the most repelling habits I have ever had to live with. She will cook and just leave the stove dirty with spots of stuff, caked on gunk, pasta burnt and stuck to the stove, all the spices she uses left out, butter spoiling on the counter, and shit spilled on the floor. I think that if you are hungry enough to cook that you should be hungry enough to clean. She has this habit where she will eat in the living room and just leave her plates on the coffee table or under the coffee table. It got so bad that I would do the dishes but leave the dirty living room dishes under the table after many days there got to be like ten plates and utensils under the table before she pick them up. But the worst part is that she has a boyfriend that does not do a f**king thing either and it is like living with two little kids.As I brainstormed and compiled my thoughts for this paper I came to a conclusion that seemed to be right in front of me all of this time, it is one that had never dawned on me. The conclusion it is that with having to pick up after grown-ass people every day that my grades are going to suffer. I am the kind of person that is more ashamed of the way my house looks then the way I look, that I may be unkempt but my house is not. This is a problem that I am going to have to straighten out soon if I am to keep my sanity in tact. I am the kind of person that does not do confrontation very well and I will sidestep it every chance that I get. This is probably where my problem is coming from. How can I help myself? Will I help myself? When will I help myself? All the advice that I can offer myself is say it, do it, and it will get said, and it will get done. Well that is what I need to tell myself.

No comments: