Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Little Extra #17

This years spring break had a little extra bonus that came in the form of an extra hour of day light thanks to our government moving daylight savings time. Even with a week and an extra hour of off time it did not feel very vacation-ie. For some reason I feel like I was being pulled in many different directions at once.One of the odd facts about growing old is that every so often people have a fallings outs, and no longer want to socialize with each other. But this does not just stop with the parties in question it washes over onto every one else. So people like me have to tip toe around making sure that this person is not around that person and that person is not around this person and so on. So if you call party A to invite them out and they decline then should you invite their party B out to the same function even if there is the off chance that party A might show up. This did happen on my spring break and seems to happen on a regular basis even though it is never on purpose. I have put the wrong people in the same room so many times that it has the effect of bringing people back together romantic and platonic.It seemed that every day of my spring break if I wanted to be alone someone would pop up wanting to chill all day and if I wanted to chill I would go all day and not see another soul. I have spent many years weeding out people that did not mesh in to the overall group and many people have wed and divorced, moved out of the country, had one kid, had more than one kid, got lost, got found, or just got away. Now I am left with just this one thought that I don’t have enough people around me now or it could be that the people around me do not have enough time now. I guess it is said right that we all do look back on the past fondly I think it is not because it was a fond time it just that people forget all the little bumps in the road and every thing seems smooth or sment smothed.

No comments: