Tuesday, April 3, 2007

cashflow #23

The lifestyle of anyone will change upon entering a major university. With all the rules and rituals of entering and applying it often leaves people drained emotionally and financially. What may now seem like a sacrifice will turn into just another day, just another assignment. Even after the clouds break there is still one storm looming on the horizon and it is the silent assailant, an assailant that will follow you even after graduation, and it debt.I have been in a rough patch lately. The people that I have grow accustom to have all but disbanded leaving scattered bands of refuges trying to hang on to middleclassieness, trying to cling to a world that is listing. I admire the settled and always try to see the herd and not the stable. I some time think what my life would be like right now if I were married with children. I know that at the instant that I became " Mister and Miss and their Offspring" that I would go blindly in to some factory job just to be able to provide. This would led to having no other choice accept to by groceries off a credit card and pay some inflated rate on everyday purchase, knowing that there was no way to crawl out of debt any time soon.As humans need optimism, so do we need to see the world around us cloudily as we can. If people did not distance themselves from their worries ninety percent of the time, well would all be consumed with grief. I see it every day, if it is some old couple standing outside of the bank, her waving a statement and him standing there slumped, hands still at his side, look straight down at the asphalt. It is easy to spot the credit and debt people and the cash and carry people. One proving ground for this the local Wall-Mart just sit back and take it all in. I look at the world around me as one big sociological experiment. When I look at people I see intent not the person "some people say look at him his shoes are dirty and I would say look him he is carrying a copy of the New England Journal of medicine.I have just poured through the college money that I accepted. I am a smoker and for every day I decide to wake I smoke seven or eight dollars worth of cigarettes, so over the last twelve weeks I have spent at least six hundred and thirty dollars, which is seven times, seven time twelve. Another expense of mine is that I eat really well. I spent upwards of a hundred dollars every time I enter the groceries store and this never bothers me, what does is having a whole fridge full of food and having some one beg me to go out and spent money on some half decent meal, with half decent service. I am the type that would rather sit around and dirty my whole house entertaining then to go out and have to tip some Gaborone all night.All I can offer in the way of help is just to take a step back every once and a while and see what your situation is, where you stand, and if that thing there that you are standing in starts to smell a little bad find a new perspective and maybe the grass will be greener and not taste of waste. Every day we learn lessons and if we do not take them away with us we are sure to repeat them.

No comments: