Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Classtration #29

Next semester will feel like a breath of fresh air. The sessions started with all the fury of the winter wrath. It seemed like months of being bundled up, shivering, trying to stay out of the wind, and most days I was frozen to the core. With the summer will come all the summer activities sitting outside all day with a glass of ice tea, people watching, mowing, and general summerieness.Now that I know all the goings on, I do feel more confident in the upcoming class load. I feel that the lessons I have learned this time around, will have a positive impact on my next semester and that from here on in I will become a model student, if there is such a thing. For now I know and now I have the knowledge to rise above the rest. When people come up to me and ask, “What are you going for” I have found the perfect response “two hour on Monday, three hour on Tuesday”. This to some, many seem snide or cynical but my intent is neither. I love coming up with great responses to good questions, it is said that a man that has all the answers has thought of all the questions and that man is me. People hardly ever trip me up on the street, I relish in the fact that I can have a conversation with anyone, at anytime, and hold my own weight. I have been flustered before, there was this one prank phone call where this girl was talking all dirty on the phone and I lost my composure, only to find out later that my friend were listening in on the other line. I do like the challenge homework, coming to class and being ready to work, ready to “do it”. I just wish I could have gotten more done this session. I am kind of bad with dates, I do not know what today’s is, and this has wrecked havoc on me. I continue to pray that I can just get by this time with out being put on some kind of double secret probation next semester. I seen where you have to get nine credits to be eligible for next year and since my math class is not worth a single credit I am left to wonder if my short coming this year are going to make me fail another class. I do not want to say which class but I feel that I am keeping up and showing that I do want to be here even if my attendance does not exactly concur. For some reason it is the same days that something happens with me getting to school on time. I am going to fail my math class with Mr. Hensley and I did dropped it after the midterm but continue to go to class every day and take notes and do my math lab just so that the next time around I will have a better chance, a chance.Next semester I am going to take another English class one that is more writing then anything because I feel that I an a good writer. I do not think I have ever been told that I am not at least a decent writer. I am proud of the body of writing that I have put out in this English class. I go by the old adage that if you are going to write give them something to read. Not just dribble but real page turning material. I would like to think that ninety percent of the time my papers have the effect on people that they can not put it down, that the reader want to read what I have written, and that at the end they do feel that they have been engaged by my work.I am going to be stuck in the core curriculum again but I do feel that it is need and some thing that we all should do. With that said, I think that kids straight out of high school should not have to take much of the core but people like me whom are older should be required to take what I conceder refresher courses. One thing that I do not see much of a need for personally is an art class being in the core, I can not remember the one that I singed up for but the options that I seen are limited and not every well rounded.

No comments: